Honda CB Twister Review
Stylish CommuterThursday, December 13, 2012
Overview of Honda CB Twister
Honda CB Twister has been specially produced for our Indian bike market. With Twister, Honda targets the most populated segment of commuters in India. This bike has been received really well and it’s already quite famous amongst Indian Youth. Let’s try to find out the reasons which made this bike successful.
Honda CB Twister Exterior
Undoubtedly, CB Twister is the most stylish 110cc bike ever launched in India. It’s a very fascinating bike which has changed the image of entry level bikes. With this bike, Honda has made a style statement and proved those people wrong who believe that commuter bikes can never be stylish. The bike has a very sporty face featuring an edgy headlight and cowl. This screen less cowl makes it look very aggressive and also sports a number plate just below the headlight which is very distinctive. Clear lens indicators are placed upwards and complement the smart black coloured rear view mirrors. It has a raised front mudguard which is designed sharply. CB Twister looks best when seen from either side. Its integrated side cowl on its fuel tank makes it an attention seeker. The fuel tank has nice cuts on it which along with this side cowl looks very aerodynamic. Its side panels, engine and alloy wheels are painted in black colour. The black coloured muffler on this bike is very short and its compact appearance along with its silver finished shield adds sporty character to this bike. It features a full size tail light looks really nice with its sharp rear fender. The gap between its rear tyre and fender along with its half covered chain case makes this bike look naked.
Instrument Console of Honda CB Twister
Honda CB Twister has a very unique combined instrument console. It has a big circular dial for its analogue speedometer and odometer while it has a unique shaped case for its analogue fuel gauge and others indicators.
Engine and Gearbox
Honda CB Twister is powered by a single cylinder 109cc engine which breathes by viscous air filter. The power and torque production of this 4-stroke, SI engine is 9 bhp and 9 Nm which is accessible at 8000 rpm and 6000 rpm respectively. Honda has used a four speed manual gearbox with an exclusive one gear down and three gears up shift pattern.
Acceleration and Performance
The performance of this bike surely justifies its name. The same engine is also used by Hero’s Passion xPro but there is significant difference between both these machines. The light weight Twister is the best 110cc engineered bike till now. The power to weight ratios of this bike is best in it segment and that’s quite visible in city traffic. The bike does 0-60km/hr within 7 seconds and offers you a very enjoyable ride. Gear transitions are very smooth and you can’t even complain for the lack of fifth gear. Gear ratios are well matched with this engine and the power utilization is very optimum in every gear. There is no need of frequent gear shifting in this bike thanks to its heavy torque production. It can easily pick up from a speed of 30km/hr in its fourth gear. If you push this bike hard then there are no signs of vibrations and harshness and this bike can easily reach the speed of 95km/hr. It’s a very refined engine which impresses you in city as well as on highways.
Honda CB Twister Mileage
On highways, this bike can give you a mileage of around 65km/ltr while in city conditions, expect anything between 58-60 km/ltr.
Comfort while Driving Honda CB Twister
Get on to this bike and there is nothing similar to most of the commuter bikes. Its seat is very comfortable and the knees find it suitable to stick around its fuel tank which has proper space on it to offer a firm grip. Its rear set foot-pegs adds sportiness to this bike and you will be glad to notice the single toe lever for gear transitions. Honda has not compromised on the plastic quality either as the buttons on its handle bar is very soft to touch. One can easily grab its handle bar which is very convenient to use.
Storage Space and Safety Features
There are very less storage and safety features in this bike. To maintain the sports appeal, Honda has taken off the front leg guard and saree guard and it only features a pass button and powerful headlight for better vision at night.
Honda CB Twister Suspension and Braking
Honda has armed CB Twister with telescopic forks at its front. The bike features spring loaded adjustable hydraulic shock absorbers at the back. Twister has drum brake of 130mm on its front wheel while the rear wheel is fitted with a drum brake of 110mm. The top variant of this bike shares its optional front disc brake of 240mm with its elder sibling, Shine. According to the weight of Twister, Honda has matched a very capable braking and suspension system with this bike.
Ride and Handling
Thanks to its advance twin type chassis and suspension system, the ride quality of this bike is really commendable. It feels quite comfortable and restful on our Indian roads. The tyres provide it a firm grip on roads and for extra stability; Twister has an exceptional ground clearance of 180mm which may even prompt you to take it off road. Its wheelbase (1262mm) helps it around corners and it feels less scary than others. Its light handling makes it perfect for city usage.
Shades Available in Honda CB Twister
Honda CB Twister is available in 6 Shades:
- Pearl Night Star Black
- Electric Yellow Metallic
- Candy Palm Green
- Pearl Siena Red
- Pearl Sunbeam White (New Shade - Recently Added)
- Heavy Grey Metallic (New Shade - Recently Added)
Variants of Honda CB Twister
Honda CB Twister is available in 3 variants:
- CB Twister Kick Drum which comes with drum brakes and kick start
- CB Twister Self Drum which comes with drum brakes and self-start
- CB Twister Self Disc which comes with front disc brake and self-start
- Screen less Front Cowl - Take style to the next level with a Screen less front cowl that enhances aesthetics and gives you the best performance.
- Instrumental Panel - Get the best of the both worlds with a combinatory instrument panel
- Floating Side Cowl - Pursue the law of aerodynamics with the stylish floating side cowl that gives you the ultimate adrenaline rush.
- Muscular Tank - Bring out the beast in your with curves that ooze power.
- 109cc Honda Engine - Empower yourself with the cutting edge 110cc, 9 bhp engine that gives you a smooth ride with a mileage of 70kmpl (approx.), so your joy rides never stop. Based on Indian mode – Internal Honda driving mode based on various simulated actual driving conditions.
- Trendy Wheels - CB Twister equipped with a 240mm Front Disc Brake for efficient control, tubeless tyres in the front and rear for better performance and cornering and V-shaped alloy wheels for enhanced aesthetics.
- Viscous Air Filter - A new technology that cuts down on maintenance and gives you a hassle free ride
- Maintenance Free Battery - With no topping up and leakages you never have to worry about it, ever again.
- Short Muffler and Sharp Rear - A trendy compact muffle and sharp rear with short tail that adds style to your ride and Honda has made sure it’s short and sweet.
- Half Chain case - Flaunt your insides with a half chain case that reveals the latest trends.
Honda CB Twister ranges from INR 45K-51K (ex-showroom, Delhi (approx., may vary)). Definitely, it’s a complete value for bike. Honda is asking a genuine price for their sporty bike. CB Twister has catchy looks and performs best in its class. Moreover you will be pleased with its high fuel efficiency and superb ride quality. If you compare it with its rivals then it’s more stylish and feature rich bike which also gives you exclusivity which is quite rare in its segment.