Nissan India has introduced the AMT variant of their Magnite crossover in the country. Initially, since its launch in late 2020, the Magnite was exclusively offered with a CVT gearbox, limited to the turbo-petrol engine. However, now prospective buyers have the option to purchase the crossover with AMT transmission in all five non-turbo variants.
Nissan Magnite Side Badge
The Nissan Magnite offers two powertrain options. Firstly, a 1.0-liter NA petrol engine tuned to produce 71bhp and 96Nm of torque. This is available with a choice of a five-speed manual or an AMT unit. The second option is a 1.0-liter turbo-petrol engine generating 99bhp and 152Nm of torque. This variant is paired with a five-speed manual or a CVT unit.
Nissan Magnite Front View
In addition to this, Nissan has also revealed the Magnite Kuro Special Edition alongside the AMT variant. This special edition, available only in the XV variant across both powertrains, features an all-black exterior hue and a completely black instrument panel. Enthusiastic customers can book the Kuro Edition of the crossover by paying a token amount of Rs. 11,000, with deliveries set to commence shortly after its launch.
- AMT Transmission Across Non-Turbo Variants: Nissan's Magnite now offers AMT (Automated Manual Transmission) across all non-turbo variants, expanding its accessibility and providing customers with the ease of automatic driving in both turbo and non-turbo powertrain options.
- Enhanced Powertrain Choices: The Magnite offers two powertrain options—a 1.0-liter NA petrol engine producing 71bhp and 96Nm of torque, and a turbo-petrol engine generating 99bhp and 152Nm of torque. The availability of both engines in conjunction with AMT or manual transmissions offers a diverse range of choices to potential buyers.
- Magnite Kuro Special Edition: Nissan has introduced the Magnite Kuro Special Edition, available exclusively in the XV variant. This special edition boasts an all-black exterior hue, providing a unique aesthetic. Coupled with an entirely black instrument panel, the Kuro Edition adds a distinct and appealing look to the Magnite lineup.
- Customer Booking Convenience: Interested buyers can book the Magnite Kuro Edition by paying a token amount of Rs. 11,000. This move simplifies the booking process and allows enthusiasts to express their interest conveniently.
- Streamlined Variants: The inclusion of AMT across all non-turbo variants simplifies the choice for customers, streamlining the decision-making process and making it easier for them to select the appropriate variant based on their preferences and requirements.
- Engine Variants: The Nissan Magnite offers two engine variants—a 1.0-liter naturally aspirated (NA) petrol engine and a 1.0-liter turbo-petrol engine. The NA petrol engine generates 71bhp and 96Nm of torque, while the turbo-petrol engine produces a more robust output of 99bhp and 152Nm of torque.
- Transmission Options: Customers have a choice between two types of transmissions based on the engine variant. The 1.0-liter NA petrol engine is available with a five-speed manual transmission or an AMT unit. On the other hand, the turbo-petrol engine can be paired with a five-speed manual transmission or a CVT unit.
- Bookings and Availability: Interested buyers can book the Nissan Magnite Kuro Special Edition by paying a token amount of Rs. 11,000. The availability of the AMT variant across all non-turbo models makes it accessible to a wider audience.
- Variant Options: The AMT transmission, initially limited to turbo variants, is now extended to the non-turbo variants, providing a total of five options for customers to choose from.
- Exclusive Special Edition: The Magnite Kuro Special Edition is available exclusively in the XV variant. This edition features an all-black exterior hue and a completely black instrument panel, offering a unique and appealing visual character.
Pros and Cons
- Transmission Flexibility: The introduction of the AMT transmission option across all non-turbo variants provides buyers with more transmission choices, enhancing convenience and driving experience.
- Wider Accessibility: By extending the AMT option to non-turbo variants, Nissan makes the Magnite more accessible to a broader spectrum of customers, catering to varied preferences and needs.
- Engine Variety: With two engine options, customers can choose based on their preference for power and performance—whether it's the efficient 1.0-liter NA petrol engine or the more powerful 1.0-liter turbo-petrol engine.
- Special Edition Appeal: The Magnite Kuro Special Edition, with its distinctive all-black exterior and interior, adds an attractive variant for those seeking a unique visual appeal.
- Limited Color Variant for Kuro Edition: The all-black theme of the Kuro Special Edition, while appealing to some, may limit options for those who prefer a broader range of colors.
- Limited Powertrain Variants for Kuro Edition: The Kuro Special Edition is currently available only in the XV variant, potentially restricting choices for customers seeking a different trim with this unique styling.
Nissan's decision to introduce the AMT variant of the Magnite is a strategic move to diversify its lineup and cater to a broader spectrum of customers. By providing additional transmission options across both turbo and non-turbo variants, Nissan aims to enhance the appeal of the Magnite, making it a more versatile choice in the compact crossover segment. The simultaneous launch of the Magnite Kuro Special Edition adds an exclusive touch to the lineup, further enticing potential buyers. With this expansion, Nissan positions the Magnite as a stronger contender in the highly competitive Indian automobile market.