Hyundai has introduced a new Sportz (O) variant for its premium hatchback, the i20. Let's delve into details what upgrades it gets for a premium of Rs 35,000 over the Sportz variant. In the premium hatchback market, the Hyundai i20 has long been a well-liked option because to its advanced features, stylish exterior, and potent performance. The new Sportz (O) variant's cabin is basically the same as the Sportz variant's, but it has leather treatment on the front door armrests, which adds an air of luxury.
Overview of Hyundai i20 Sportz and Sportz (O)
The Hyundai i20 Sportz and Sportz (O) variants represent two distinct trim levels within the i20 lineup, each offering a unique set of features and specifications to meet the needs of diverse customers. While both variants share the same underlying platform and design language, there are notable differences in terms of equipment levels and pricing.
Key Differences: Features and Specifications
- Exterior Design : The Hyundai i20 Sportz (O) variant may feature additional exterior enhancements compared to the Sportz variant, such as LED headlights, LED daytime running lights, and stylish alloy wheels. These cosmetic upgrades contribute to a more premium and sporty appearance for the Sportz (O) variant.
- Interior Comfort and Convenience : In terms of interior features, the Hyundai i20 Sportz (O) variant may offer additional comfort and convenience features compared to the Sportz variant. This could include premium upholstery, automatic climate control, a touchscreen infotainment system with smartphone connectivity, and a rearview camera.
- Safety and Security : Both the Hyundai i20 Sportz and Sportz (O) variants prioritize safety and security, with features such as dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, and central locking system offered as standard across all trim levels. However, the Sportz (O) variant may come equipped with additional safety features such as side and curtain airbags, electronic stability control, and hill-start assist for enhanced safety and stability on the road.
- Technology and Infotainment : The Hyundai i20 Sportz (O) variant may offer advanced technology and infotainment features compared to the Sportz variant. These tech-savvy features add convenience and connectivity to the driving experience in the Sportz (O) variant.
- Price Difference : Due to the additional features and equipment offered in the Sportz (O) variant, it is likely to be priced slightly higher than the Sportz variant. The exact price difference may vary depending on market conditions, taxes, and other factors, but potential buyers should expect to pay a premium for the enhanced features and specifications of the Sportz (O) variant.
Implications for Buyers
For potential buyers considering the Hyundai i20 Sportz and Sportz (O) variants, understanding the differences between the two trim levels is essential to making an informed decision. Here are some key implications for buyers to consider:
- Budget and Priorities : The choice between the Sportz and Sportz (O) variants ultimately comes down to individual preferences, priorities, and budget constraints.
- Value for Money : While the Sportz (O) variant may offer additional features and specifications compared to the Sportz variant, buyers should evaluate whether the premium for these enhancements justifies the added cost.
- Long-Term Satisfaction : Buyers should also consider their long-term satisfaction and ownership experience with the chosen variant.
The Hyundai i20 Sportz and Sportz (O) variants offer buyers a choice of premium hatchbacks with a range of features and specifications to suit different preferences and budgets. While both variants share the same underlying platform and design language, there are significant differences in terms of equipment levels, features, and pricing. Whether opting for the Sportz variant for its value proposition or the Sportz (O) variant for its enhanced features and specifications, buyers can enjoy the style, performance, and advanced technology that the Hyundai i20 has to offer.
Prices for the Hyundai i20 Sportz (O) variant start at Rs 8.73 lakh and go up to Rs 9.78 lakh (ex-showroom), depending on the transmission choice and colour tone. It rivals the likes of Maruti NEXA Baleno, Toyota Glanza, and Tata Altroz.