TVS Motor Company has trademarked the name "Apache RTX". This has led to speculation that the company could be working on a new adventure motorcycle.
The Apache RTX is likely to be based on the TVS-BMW G 310 GS. This means that it will be powered by a 313cc, single-cylinder engine that produces 33.52 bhp and 28 Nm of torque. The motorcycle is also likely to have similar features to the G 310 GS, such as a long-travel suspension, spoked wheels, and a large fuel tank.
The TVS Apache RTX is expected to be launched in India in the coming months. It will compete with motorcycles like the KTM 390 Adventure and the Hero Xpulse 200 4V.
Here are some additional details:
- The name "RTX" stands for "Rugged Terrain eXplorer".
- The motorcycle is likely to have more aggressive bodywork than the G 310 GS.
- It is possible that the motorcycle will be equipped with upside-down forks and a rear mono-shock.
- The Apache RTX is likely to have a more upright riding position than the Apache RR 310.
- The motorcycle is likely to have a larger fuel tank than the Apache RR 310.
- The Apache RTX is likely to have more off-road-oriented tires than the Apache RR 310.
- The Apache RTX is expected to be priced slightly lower than the G 310 GS.
We expect to learn more details about the Apache RTX in the coming weeks. The Apache RTX will be a welcome addition to the TVS lineup. It will give TVS a competitor in the growing adventure motorcycle segment. The motorcycle is sure to be popular with riders who are looking for a capable adventure motorcycle.