Published: Tuesday, 24 September 2019 0:00 AM | By Maxabout News Team | 250 Views
KTM Duke 790 has been recently launched in India at an introductory price tag of INR 8.64 lakh (ex-showroom). The brand has equipped the 799cc motorcycle with a BS4 engine and it will be selling only 100 units of the Duke 790 in the Indian market in the first phase.
The brand is expected to launch the BS6 variant of the motorcycle in early 2020. In addition to this, KTM has also offered an affordable solution to own the motorcycle which has been launched with a slightly higher price tag when compared to its competitors in India.
As per the KTM
Duke 790 EMI Plan, the customers can avail the motorcycle with a down payment of just INR 1.70 lakh, which is highly affordable when compared to other motorcycles in its segment. In addition to this, the in-house Bajaj Finance is offering a low 7.75% of ROI (Rate of Interest) on the Duke 790, thus the customers have to pay a premium of INR 19,000 per month for five consecutive years. The loan amount is additional of registration as well as insurance charges. It is one of the best instalment plans offered by the brand to allow the customers to get their hands on the limited edition streetfighter.
Powering the KTM Duke 790 is a 799cc, 8-valve, DOHC twin-cylinder engine that is capable of churning out a maximum power of 105 HP at 9000 rpm and a peak torque of 87 Nm at 8000 rpm. The engine comes paired with a 6-speed transmission.
The limited-edition motorcycle has been equipped with features like Bosch's Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC), four riding modes, Quickshifter+, Motor Slip Regulation (MSR), PASC Slipper Clutch as well as stability control.
The aggressive-looking streetfighter competes with the likes of Ducati Monster 821, Kawasaki Z900, Yamaha MT-09, Triumph Street Triple S, and the Suzuki GSX-S750 in the Indian market.
KTM Duke 790 Key Specs
- Engine: 799cc, 8-valve, DOHC Parallel-Twin Cylinder, Liquid-Cooled
- Maximum Power: 105HP @ 9000rpm
- Maximum Torque: 87Nm @ 8000 rpm
- Engine Management: Bosch EMS with EBW
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Traction Control: MTC (3-Mode + Track, Disengageable)
- Front Brake: 2x Radially Mounted 4 Piston Caliper, 300mm Disc Brakes
- Rear Brake: 2 Piston Caliper, 240mm Disc Brake
- ABS: Bosch 9.1 MP (incl Cornering ABS and Supermoto Mode, Disengageable)
- Front Suspension: 43mm WP USD
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock
- Clutch: Cable Operated PASC Slipper Clutch
- Dry Weight: 169 kgs (Approximate)
- Frame: Powder Coated Steel Frame
[caption id="attachment_522514" align="aligncenter" width="850"]
Mega Photo Gallery of the 2020 Royal Enfield Classic 350[/caption]