The much-awaited KTM Duke 790 has been finally launched in India. The brand has introduced the motorcycle at an ex-showroom price tag of INR 8.63 lakh. The aggressive-looking streetfighter will compete with the likes of Ducati Monster 797, Kawasaki Z900, Yamaha MT-09, Triumph Street Triple S, and the Suzuki GSX-S750 in the Indian market.
For now, the KTM Duke 790 is available in only 9 cities namely Mumbai, Pune, Surat, Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Bengaluru, Chennai, and Hyderabad. KTM will launch the Duke 790 in 20 more cities in the second phase by April 2020.
Duke 790 comes powered by a 799cc, 8-valve, DOHC twin-cylinder engine that is good enough to produce 105 HP of maximum power at 9000 rpm and a peak torque of 87 Nm at 8000 rpm. The engine comes paired with a 6-speed transmission. The suspension duties of the motorcycle are handled by 43mm WP USD (upside-down) forks at the front while the rear comes featured with a WP monoshock suspension.
For braking performance, the 790 Duke gets disc brakes at both ends that come mated to a dual-channel ABS unit by BOSCH. The riding aids offered by the motorcycle features a Motorcycle Traction Control (MTC) system that reduces the engine output to further offer smooth riding. The Quickshifter system helps the motorcycle in offering slick, clutchless up and downshifts. Here are the key technical specifications of the India-spec model of the KTM Duke 790.
KTM Duke 790 Key Specs
- Engine: 799cc, 8-valve, DOHC Parallel-Twin Cylinder, Liquid-Cooled
- Maximum Power: 105HP @ 9000rpm
- Maximum Torque: 87Nm @ 8000 rpm
- Engine Management: Bosch EMS with EBW
- Transmission: 6 Gears
- Traction Control: MTC (3-Mode + Track, Disengageable)
- Front Brake: 2x Radially Mounted 4 Piston Caliper, 300mm Disc Brakes
- Rear Brake: 2 Piston Caliper, 240mm Disc Brake
- ABS: Bosch 9.1 MP (incl Cornering ABS and Supermoto Mode, Disengageable)
- Front Suspension: 43mm WP USD
- Rear Suspension: WP Monoshock
- Clutch: Cable Operated PASC Slipper Clutch
- Dry Weight: 169 kgs (Approximate)
- Frame: Powder Coated Steel Frame
[caption id="attachment_520781" align="aligncenter" width="850"]
New Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R Tentative Price Revealed[/caption]