We can never overstate the value of education and teachers in our life, and the impact it has on what one can achieve. For most people, charity begins at home, with our parents serving as our first teachers or gurus. In his early years, a child is like a sponge, absorbing everything around him. Our habits, way of life, and even personalities are all a direct result of what our childhood had in store for us.
गुरुर्ब्रह्मा ग्रुरुर्विष्णुः गुरुर्देवो महेश्वरः।
गुरुः साक्षात् परं ब्रह्म तस्मै श्री गुरवे नमः।।
Translation: Guru is Brahma (the creator), Vishnu (the preserver) and Shiva (the destroyer) and I bow before the Guru, who is the personification of the Everlasting Knowledge.
This Sanskrit shloka incorporates every thought and emotion to emphasise the value of a teacher in one's life. They went so far as to compare a Guru to God for bringing their students out of the shadows of ignorance and into the light of knowledge.
Teachers instil values in children, prepare them for further education, and are the primary contributors to society's excellent teaching. The affection, character, competence, and moral commitment of the teacher have a profound effect on the students.
We observe Teachers' Day on September 5th in India to honour the contributions of teachers to the society. The 5th of September marks the birth anniversary of an outstanding teacher, Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, who was a firm believer in education and a well-known diplomat, scholar, President of India, and, above all, a teacher.
When some of his students and friends approached him and asked if they could celebrate his birthday, he replied, "Rather than celebrating my birthday separately, it would be my proud privilege if 5th September is observed as Teachers' Day." And since then, we have celebrated September 5th as Teachers' Day in India.
In his speech at that gathering, Dr Radhakrishnan expressed his deep reservations about celebrating his birth anniversary and emphasised that his birth anniversary should be celebrated as 'Teachers' Day,' by honouring other Great Teachers of India and Bangladesh. Teachers' Day has been observed in India on September 5th every year since 1967.
We have hand-picked and created a collection of the best 2022 Teachers' Day Wishes and Greetings that you can share with your loved ones. Here is our collection of Teachers' Day Wishes and Images to share with your friends and family members on WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram:
2022 Teachers' Day Wishes
- You've always been an excellent teacher who knew how to shine a light on a soul. Happy Teachers' Day to my favourite teacher!
- I wish you joy and happiness; you are an amazing teacher who deserves only the best.
- The best teachers are those who teach from the heart rather than the book. Thank you for being such an excellent teacher. Happy Teachers' Day!
- Happy Teachers' Day! It's been an honour to learn so much from you; thank you for inspiring me! More instructors like you are needed in our schools and universities.
- All of your efforts and hard work to bring out the best in us will never be repaid in words. We can only be thankful to have a teacher like you!
- You've always pushed me to work hard and get good grades. I'll never forget you. Happy Teachers' Day!
- Even if my grades aren't always the best, I can assure you that having you as a teacher makes me feel truly blessed. For the time being, I know you'll never give up on me. Thank you for assisting me in becoming the best version of myself. Because of you, I can see that my future is bright. Most importantly, you taught me to shine my light. Happy Teachers' Day!
- You are my life's spark, inspiration, guide, and candle. I am grateful that you are my teacher.I was fortunate to have such a wonderful teacher as you. I wish you a Happy Teachers' Day filled with joyous moments!
- Our parents gave us life, but you taught us how to live it. You instilled honesty, integrity, and passion into us. Happy Teachers' Day!
- This lovely message is for my retired teacher, whose contributions to our school are greatly appreciated and who has been a pillar of our school through her excellent teaching. Teacher, I sincerely appreciate your assistance.
- The best teachers don't give you the answer; instead, they inspire you to seek it out for yourself. Happy Teachers' Day!
- From ABCs to 123, white, blue, and red to paintings, from history to language, philosophy to life, all I can say is THANK YOU!
- I consider myself extremely fortunate to have a teacher like you who not only encourages but also supports me every step of the way. Today I honour you for being selfless, devoted, hardworking, and the wisest person in your class. I am honoured to be your student. Happy Teachers' Day!
- On this day, we honour teachers like you who give so much of themselves in everything they do. So, thank you for everything, my teacher. I am honoured to be your student. Thank you for pushing me to do my best and instilling in me a love of learning. Happy Teachers' Day!!
- Not everyone has a heart of gold and such dedication, but you do! You're a truly inspirational person who has taught so much more than just curriculum. That is why I wanted to let you know how much your hard work, efforts, and concern are appreciated. Best regards on this Teachers' Day!
- If a country is to be free of corruption and become a nation of beautiful minds, I believe three key societal members can make a difference. They are the father, mother, and teacher, Happy Teachers' Day.
- The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who pulls and pushes you to the next plateau, occasionally poking you with a sharp stick called 'truth.' Happy Teachers' Day!
- A teacher who can evoke a feeling for one single good action or poem accomplishes more than one who fills our memory with rows and rows of natural objects classified by name and form. Happy Teachers' Day
- Good teaching is more about asking the right questions than it is about giving the right answers. So thank you for pushing me to find my answers. Happy Teachers' Day!