Maruti Suzuki is set to make a significant entry into the electric SUV segment with the eVX, an all-electric SUV that was first showcased at Auto Expo 2023 in India. Recently, spy shots of the Maruti Suzuki eVX prototype testing on Indian roads have surfaced, offering a glimpse into the design and features of this highly anticipated electric vehicle. Let's delve into the details based on the spy shots:
1. Size and Proportions:
The eVX is sized similarly to the Grand Vitara compact SUV, providing a compact yet versatile footprint. Camouflage wraps the prototype, but the overall dimensions suggest a balanced and SUV-like silhouette.
2. Front Fascia:
The closed-off grille is a notable feature, giving a clean and modern look to the front. Sleek LED headlights contribute to the contemporary styling.
Chunky bumpers with an airdam and a skid plate add a touch of ruggedness, blending urban sophistication with off-road elements.
4. Rear Profile:
The rear profile is expected to feature connected LED taillights and a robust rear bumper with a skid plate.
A sloping roofline enhances the SUV's dynamic appeal, balancing aesthetics with practicality.
1. Dashboard Design:
The dashboard, showcased at the Japan Motor Show, follows a minimalist design philosophy. Dual integrated displays and a two-spoke steering wheel contribute to a clean and modern interior.
2. Central Console:
The central console incorporates touch controls for key functions, embracing a futuristic and user-friendly approach.
- Suzuki has not officially disclosed the technical specifications of the eVX prototype captured in the spy shots.
- The earlier concept, however, featured a 60 kWh battery pack, dual electric motors, and an all-wheel-drive setup.
- The estimated claimed range for the concept was 550 km, emphasizing the focus on electric efficiency and range.
Market Launch and Competition
- The Maruti Suzuki eVX is expected to make its debut in 2025.
- Anticipated pricing is around Rs 25 lakh (ex-showroom), positioning it as a premium electric SUV.
- The eVX will enter the competitive electric SUV market, rivalling models such as the MG ZS EV.
- It aims to provide a premium alternative to electric SUVs like the Tata Nexon EV Long Range and the Mahindra XUV400.
The spy shots of the Maruti Suzuki eVX create excitement among automotive enthusiasts, offering a glimpse into the design and features of Maruti's upcoming electric SUV. As the electric vehicle landscape evolves, the eVX is poised to make a significant impact, combining style, technology, and eco-friendly mobility. Stay tuned for further updates as Maruti Suzuki progresses toward the official launch of the eVX.