BMW HP4 Race is now officially available in India for INR 85 lakh. The launch seems to be a silent affair as the brand recently updated its official price list with this track-only model. The price tag will not carry any additional taxation as registering the motorcycle won't be possible due to its track legal status.
It comes without a headlight and taillight, leaving no space for number-plate or anything else that is not useful while racing hard. The performance spec model is powered by a 999cc engine, four-cylinders and four titanium valves per cylinder, producing 215HP at 13,900 rpm and 120 Nm at 10,000 rpm.
The values feel regular when one compares the same with a Ducati Panigale V4 but, game-changing attitude comes alive through Akrapovic full titanium exhaust and 171.4kg of race-ready weight. The lowest possible wet weight comes through the extensive use of carbon fiber in its frame, body parts and wheels.
The weight reduction from moving parts results in better overall performance and class-leading control. The carbon monocoque RTM frame on BMW HP4 Race
pairs with Ohlins FGR 300 front and TTX 36 GP rear suspension. The bike comes with 6-speed race spec EVO gearbox with an anti-hopping clutch.
The braking power on HP4 comes from Brembo 320mm twin front discs. It comes with a 220mm disc brake for the rear wheel. Pirelli sourced Diabolo Superbike Slick SC2 tires are available for class-leading grip levels at both ends. BMW HP4 Race is the only carbon fiber equipped motorcycle on sale in India.
Ducati Superleggera was also available here for INR 1.12 Crore. It went out of stock as soon as the single unit was sold. 2018 HP4 Race is also a limited production variant, with just 750 units worldwide and no exact number mentioned for India.
BMW HP4 Race Specifications
Engine & Performance
- Engine: 999cc, Water/oil-cooled 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine
- Maximum Power: 215 HP @ 13,900 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 120 Nm @ 10,000 rpm
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Clutch: Multi-disc clutch in oil bath, anti-hopping clutch, mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed racing transmission (EVO) with straight-cut gears (gears 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6)
- Engine management: Electronic racing injection, variable intake pipe length, four selectable modes
- Emission Control: Akrapovic full titanium 4 in 2 in 1 WSBK exhaust system
- Fuel Type: Superplus unleaded, minimum octane number 98 (RON)
- Top Speed: 330 KMPH (Approx.)
Frame & Suspension
- Frame: Carbon monocoque RTM frame with steering head angle and swing-arm pivot adjustment, load-bearing engine
- Front Suspension: Öhlins FGR 300 WSBK Fork, 130mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Öhlins TTX 36 GP Central Spring, 120mm travel
- Front Tyre: 120/70 ZR 17 Pirelli Diabolo Superbike Slick SC2
- Rear Tyre: 200/60 ZR 17 Pirelli Diabolo Superbike Slick SC2
- Front Brake: Brembo Racing twin disc brake, T-floating racing brake discs, 320x6.75mm diameter, 4-piston monobloc WSBK GP4-PR fixed caliper with titanium pistons
- Rear Brake: Brembo Racing single-disc brake, 4-piston WSBK fixed caliper with titanium pistons, brake disc diameter 220x4.0mm
Dimensions & Weight
- Length: 2070mm
- Width: 777mm
- Height: 1193mm
- Seat Height: 831 mm
- Wet Weight: 171.4 kg
- Dry Weight: 146 kg
- Fuel Tank: 17.5 ltr
- Reserve: 4 ltr
- Wheelbase: 1440 mm