Benelli has unveiled the 2024 Tornado Naked Twin 500 at the EICMA show in Milan, Italy, showcasing a motorcycle with a radical design, particularly in the front fascia. The headlamp setup is distinctive, featuring vertically stacked projector LEDs flanked by boomerang-shaped DRLs, creating an eye-catching appearance. While the front design is unconventional, the rest of the motorcycle adopts a more traditional street bike stance with sharp and muscular contours from the fuel tank to the tail.
Striking Front Fascia
- The headlamp assembly consists of vertically stacked projector LEDs.
- Boomerang-shaped DRLs surround the headlamp, creating a unique and flamboyant look.
- No plastic cowl surrounds the headlamp assembly, contributing to the motorcycle's distinctive design.
- The Tornado Naked Twin 500 is equipped with a 500cc, liquid-cooled, parallel-twin engine.
- The engine produces 47.6bhp and 46Nm of torque, providing a dynamic performance on the road.
- Comparatively, the KTM 390 Duke produces 45.3bhp and 39Nm of torque.
Chassis and Suspension
- The motorcycle features a steel trellis frame for a robust and lightweight structure.
- It rides on a pair of 17-inch alloy wheels, contributing to agile handling.
- Suspension duties are managed by USD forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear.
- Twin discs at the front and a single disc at the rear handle braking responsibilities.
- The motorcycle is equipped with dual-channel ABS for enhanced safety.
- The Tornado Naked Twin 500 comes with a 14-litre fuel tank, providing a suitable riding range.
- A five-inch TFT screen adds a modern touch to the instrument cluster.
- Bluetooth connectivity enhances the motorcycle's tech features.
- Full-LED lighting contributes to visibility and aesthetics.
International Market Launch
- The motorcycle is set to go on sale in international markets in the first half of 2024.
- However, its entry into the Indian market remains uncertain at this time.
Design Language Continuity
- The overall design philosophy maintains a balance between the avant-garde front fascia and the traditional street bike aesthetics.
- Sharp and muscular contours from the fuel tank to the tail contribute to a cohesive and visually appealing design.
Ergonomics and Riding Dynamics
- The motorcycle's ergonomics are designed for a comfortable yet sporty riding position.
- The steel trellis frame, coupled with 17-inch alloy wheels, ensures nimble handling and responsiveness.
- USD forks at the front and a monoshock at the rear provide a well-balanced suspension setup.
- The five-inch TFT screen not only adds a modern touch but also provides riders with essential information.
- Bluetooth connectivity enhances the overall riding experience, allowing for seamless integration with smart devices.
- Full-LED lighting not only contributes to the motorcycle's aesthetics but also ensures optimal visibility in various riding conditions.
Global Market Appeal
- The Tornado Naked Twin 500's international launch reflects Benelli's commitment to catering to a diverse range of riders globally.
- The motorcycle's specifications and design are tailored to meet the preferences and demands of riders in different markets.
The 2024 Benelli Tornado Naked Twin 500 stands out with its bold and unconventional design, especially in the front fascia. The combination of distinctive styling, a powerful parallel-twin engine, and modern features positions the motorcycle as an attractive option for riders seeking a unique and dynamic riding experience. While its international launch is confirmed, its availability in the Indian market is yet to be determined.