Recently, a fire incident took place at the Chennai dealership of Ather, and the videos and photos of the burning electric scooter started taking rounds on social media immediately. Reverting to the event, Ather Energy shared the official statement and clarified that it was a minor incident.
As per the brand, an electric scooter was brought for regular repair and servicing. When the office crew started a high-pressure wash, they found a crack in the battery casing. The water touched the battery cells and led to smoke and fire.
Later, Ather said that after seeing the breach in the battery during the washing process, the vehicle was segregated from other vehicles and transported to a safer place. Ather also stated that no additional scooters were harmed in the event. However, it was contradictory since reports of four scooters being damaged in the fire were circulated earlier.