Honda 2014 New City Diesel V Review
Watch Out Verna, Vento and SunnyTuesday, November 26, 2013
Honda has finally unveiled the 4th Generation City sedan in New Delhi on 25th November, 2013. The 2014 model is completely new in terms of exterior and interior design. The New City will be available in both petrol and diesel but the company has not revealed the exact technical specifications of the car. The petrol unit will be the same 1.5 litre i-VTEC unit which powers the 3rd Generation car but as according to the company, it has been tweaked for better performance and more mileage.
The diesel unit would be the same 1.5 litre i-DTEC engine, which also powers the Honda Amaze diesel. It generates maximum power of 100 PS with maximum power of 200 NM. But as per the rumors, this engine has also been fine-tuned and improved for the 2014 Honda City to return more power and torque. Expect the mileage to be somewhere around 22-24 kmpl considering the extra weight of the car in comparison to the smaller Honda Amaze.
- Globally unveiled on 25th November in New Delhi
- Honda City is currently sold in 55 countries
- 2014 model is inspired from the new-generation Honda Civic
- Will be available in both petrol and diesel (Earth Dreams Technology)
- Petrol unit is 1.5 litre i-VTEC and diesel engine is 1.5 litre i-DTEC
- Expected power and torque of 116 BHP and 146 NM (Petrol)
- Expected power and torque of 98 BHP and 200 NM (Diesel)
- Manual and automatic transmission
- New City follows Honda’s “Man Maximum Machine Minimum” design philosophy
- Starts pre-launch bookings for January 2014 launch
- Advanced sporty design, best comfort and best fuel efficiency
- Layered floating cockpit
- Advanced touchscreen automatic air conditioner with rear AC vents
- 5” touchscreen infotainment system with 8 speakers
- Push button start/stop system plus cruise control
- Rear Camera has three modes: wide, normal and top-down
- Expected price tag of INR 9.25 lakhs for petrol V and INR 10.25 lakhs for diesel V
- Smart Honda smart key with proximity sensing
- The wheelbase has been increased by 50mm (2600mm now)
All You Need to Know about New Honda City
The dimensions of 2014 New Honda City are almost same in comparison to the last generation city sans the wheelbase, which has been increased by a good 50mm to improve the space inside. The new City measures 4440 mm in length (same as its predecessor), 1695 mm in width (same as 2012 model), 1495 mm in height (10 mm more than 3rd generation model) and 2600 mm as the wheelbase (extended by an additional 50 mm over 2012 model).
The New Honda City comes equipped with lots of safety, comfort and convenience features. One of them is a touchscreen automatic air conditioner, which is a first in this segment. A second advanced feature is a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth, iPod, AUX and USB connectivity. The music system is mated to 8 high quality speakers. The car also come equipped with 4 power outlets so that all passenger can charge their smartphones or any other USB device simultaneously. The screen also doubles up as a display for the rear view camera, which has three modes: Wide, normal and top-down.
2014 Honda City is built around an all-new chassis, lighter yet sturdier body, all-new and reworked McPherson struts, reworked rear suspension with high rigidity H-shaped twist beam and it comes equipped with all-new electronic power steering for better drive and feel. Some of the safety features are dual SRS airbags, front fog light, rear parking sensors with camera, smart keyless entry system, ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution) and BA (Brake Assist). New Honda City also comes equipped with push-button engine start/stop system.
The instrument console of 2014 City is all-new with digital and analogue meters. It features an analogue speedometer, tachometer, digital fuel gauge, odometer, gear shift indicator and digital clock. The company has not made any official announcement about the price, variants and shades of the car but it is expected to be available in at least nine variants: Petrol E, Petrol S, Petrol V, Petrol VX, Petrol S AT, Petrol V AT, Diesel S, Diesel V and Diesel VX. The expected price of Honda City Petrol V is INR 9.25 lakhs and diesel version of same grade is expected to be available for INR 10.25 lakhs. If Honda manages to price the new City petrol and diesel at this price point, then one thing is for sure, it will beat all the rivals and will set the sales chart on fire!