Honda 2014 New City Diesel V Review
Watch Out Verna, Vento and SunnyTuesday, January 7, 2014
Honda Cars India has finally launched the much-awaited 4th generation City sedan with a price tag of INR 7.42 lakh for the base variant of petrol and INR 8.62 lakh for the base diesel variant. Honda City diesel is now officially the most fuel efficient car in India with ARAI certified mileage of 26.0 kmpl under standard test conditions while the petrol model with CVT automatic transmission returns 18.0 kmpl and the manual Honda City return mileage of 17.8 kmpl.
Complete Price List of the New Honda City
- Petrol E MT 7.42 lakh
- Petrol S MT 8.04 lakh
- Petrol SV MT 8.49 lakh
- Petrol V MT 8.99 lakh
- Petrol VX MT 9.93 lakh
- Petrol V CVT 9.49 lakh
- Petrol VX CVT 10.98 lakh
- Diesel E MT 8.62 lakh
- Diesel S MT 9.24 lakh
- Diesel SV MT 9.66 lakh
- Diesel V MT 10.16 lakh
- Diesel VX MT 11.10 lakh
Above mentioned prices are ex-showroom New Delhi.
The dimensions of 2014 New Honda City are almost same in comparison to the last generation city sans the wheelbase, which has been increased by a good 50mm to improve the space inside. The new City measures 4440 mm in length (same as its predecessor), 1695 mm in width (same as 2012 model), 1495 mm in height (10 mm more than 3rd generation model) and 2600 mm as the wheelbase (extended by an additional 50 mm over 2012 model).
The New Honda City comes equipped with lots of safety, comfort and convenience features. One of them is a touchscreen automatic air conditioner, which is a first in this segment. A second advanced feature is a 5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth, iPod, AUX and USB connectivity. The music system is mated to 8 high quality speakers. The car also come equipped with 4 power outlets so that all passenger can charge their smartphones or any other USB device simultaneously. The screen also doubles up as a display for the rear view camera, which has three modes: Wide, normal and top-down.
2014 Honda City is built around an all-new chassis, lighter yet sturdier body, all-new and reworked McPherson struts, reworked rear suspension with high rigidity H-shaped twist beam and it comes equipped with all-new electronic power steering for better drive and feel. Some of the safety features are dual SRS airbags, front fog light, rear parking sensors with camera, smart keyless entry system, ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution) and BA (Brake Assist). New Honda City also comes equipped with push-button engine start/stop system. The instrument console of 2014 City is all-new with digital and analogue meters. It features an analogue speedometer, tachometer, digital fuel gauge, odometer, gear shift indicator and digital clock.
All You Need to Know about New Honda City
- Globally unveiled on 25th November in New Delhi
- Launched in India on 7th January, 2014
- Honda City is currently sold in 55 countries
- 2014 model is inspired from the new-generation Honda Civic
- Available in both petrol and diesel (Earth Dreams Technology)
- Petrol unit is 1.5 litre i-VTEC and diesel engine is 1.5 litre i-DTEC
- Power and torque of 117.3 BHP and 145 NM (Petrol)
- Power and torque of 98.6 BHP and 200 NM (Diesel)
- Manual and automatic transmission
- New City follows Honda’s “Man Maximum Machine Minimum” design philosophy
- Advanced sporty design, best comfort and best fuel efficiency
- Layered floating cockpit
- Advanced touchscreen automatic air conditioner with rear AC vents
- 5” touchscreen infotainment system with 8 speakers
- Push button start/stop system plus cruise control
- Rear Camera has three modes: wide, normal and top-down
- Smart Honda smart key with proximity sensing
- The wheelbase has been increased by 50mm (2600mm now)