Published: Wednesday, 25 September 2019 0:00 AM | By Maxabout News Team | 243 Views
Xiaomi has officially launched the Redmi 8A with a starting price tag of INR 6499 for the 2GB RAM plus 32GB internal storage model while the 3GB RAM plus 32GB internal storage model is priced at INR 6999. The Xiaomi Redmi 8A comes featured with a 6.22-inch HD+ display with a waterdrop notch. It has got Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The smartphone comes powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 439 SoC and it runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10.
The smartphone gets a 12MP rear camera with LED flash. For the front, it gets 8MP selfie camera. The entry-level phone does not have a fingerprint sensor but it comes with face unlock. The all-new Redmi 8A gets a plastic back with aura wave grip design and comes with a splash-resistant nano-coating. It gets a dedicated dual SIM slot and comes in a pack with a 5000mAh battery with support of 18W fast charging, but the phone comes with a 10W charger in the box.
The Xiaomi Redmi 8A comes with a USB Type-C port, making it their first smartphone in this price range to come with Type-C. The Redmi 8A is available in three colour options: Ocean Blue, Midnight Black, and Sunset Red. It will be available at Flipkart and Mi.com from September 29th.
Redmi 8A Specifications
- 6.22-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53)
- Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM with 32GB storage
- Expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4µm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture, Dual PD autofocus
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.3×75.4×9.4mm
- Weight: 188 grams
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging