In the ever-expanding compact SUV segment, two notable contenders have emerged in the form of limited editions – the Volkswagen Taigun Trail Edition and the Hyundai Creta Adventure Edition. While these special versions offer primarily cosmetic enhancements they aim to elevate the rugged attributes of these urban-focused SUVs. Here we visually compare these two SUVs to highlight their differences.
- The Volkswagen Taigun Trail Edition features a striking black grille adorned with a 'GT' badge and chrome strips both at the top and bottom.
- On the other hand, the Hyundai Creta Adventure Edition adopts a black finish not only for its grille but also for the skid plate and the Hyundai logo, emphasizing its rugged character.
- Examining the side profiles, the Taigun's limited edition reveals its unique elements, including 16-inch black alloy wheels, 'GT' badges on the front fenders, and distinctive decals on the rear doors and fenders.
- In contrast, the Creta Adventure stands out with black 17-inch alloy wheels featuring red brake callipers, black ORVM housings, body side molding, roof rails, and the 'Adventure' badge on the front fenders.
- Moving to the rear, the Taigun's limited edition adds a distinguishing feature in the form of the 'Trail Edition' badge, while its name and 'GT' monikers remain in chrome.
- Hyundai's Creta Adventure edition takes the blacked-out theme further, with added details such as the rear skid plate and badges featuring the 'Creta' lettering.
Volkswagen Taigun Trail Edition
- Inside the Taigun Trail Edition, you'll find variant-specific black upholstery with red piping and 'Trail' embossing on the seats, creating a sporty yet elegant atmosphere.
- Volkswagen has also equipped this model with stainless steel pedals for an added touch of style.
Hyundai Creta Adventure Edition
- Stepping into the Creta Adventure, you'll be greeted by a black cabin theme with sage green inserts and a new black and green seat upholstery, offering a unique and refreshing interior ambiance.
- The Creta Adventure Edition further enhances its interior with 3D floor mats and metal pedals for added convenience and style.
- Both the limited and special editions of these compact SUVs come with a new dual-camera dashcam, providing additional safety and convenience features.
- It's worth noting that all other features in these limited editions are identical to the variants they are based on: the Taigun GT for the Trail Edition and the Creta SX and SX(O) for the Adventure Edition.
Powertrains & Prices
- The Volkswagen Taigun Trail Edition has a single powertrain option, featuring the 150PS 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine paired with a 6-speed manual transmission.
- On the other hand, the Hyundai Creta Adventure Edition offers a 115PS 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine with the choice of a manual or CVT automatic transmission.
Pricing for these special editions is as follows
Volkswagen Taigun Trail Edition:
- GT Trail: Rs 16.30 lakh
Hyundai Creta Adventure Edition:
- SX MT: Rs 15.17 lakh
- SX(O) CVT: Rs 17.89 lakh
These limited editions not only enhance the visual appeal of these compact SUVs but also provide unique features and powertrain options, catering to the preferences of SUV enthusiasts.