Tata Motors has now shown us a sneak peek at the interior of the upgraded SUVs, Harrier and Safari which followed teasers of the outside of the updated SUVs. Reservations for both SUVs will open on October 6, and a price announcement is anticipated in the coming days. Let's examine in more detail everything that has changed within the Harrier and Safari facelifts.
- Soon, Tata Motors will release updated models of the Tata Harrier and Safari SUVs.
- The 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster, a bigger touchscreen infotainment system, and ambient lighting are expected to come standard on facelifted variants.
- Bookings open on October 6.
Tata Harrier Interior
The dashboard of the 2023 Tata Harrier facelift will be significantly updated with more horizontal lines and contemporary design elements. The teaser offers a glimpse of the interior, which includes a 10.25-inch completely digital driver's display from the Nexon EV and a 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
In addition, Tata has now added ambient lighting which is anticipated to come in a variety of colors and underline the dashboard while giving it a contemporary appearance. Additionally noticeable is Tata's redesigned steering wheel which features an illuminated logo.
Tata Harrier Features
The Tata Harrier facelift is already a feature-loaded car and we expect most of the features such as a powered driver’s seat, ventilated front seats, a panoramic sunroof, wireless phone charger, and a 9-speaker JBL sound system to be carried forward.
As for safety, it should continue featuring six airbags, electronic stability control, parking sensors, a 360-degree camera and ADAS features as well.
Tata Harrier Engine Options
A 6-speed manual or automatic transmission should be paired with the Tata Harrier's 170PS 2-litre diesel engine going ahead. A 1.5-liter T-GDI turbo-petrol engine from Tata may also be installed this engine is anticipated to come with both a DCT automatic transmission and a manual gearbox.
Tata Harrier Expected Price And Rivals
We expect the Harrier to command a significant premium over the existing model, which starts at Rs 15.19 lakh (ex-showroom), given the various improvements on board. It will continue to compete against the MG Hector, the Jeep Compass, the Mahindra XUV700 5-seater, and small SUVs like the Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos.
Benefits and Drawbacks of the Tata Harrier
Benefits of Tata Harrier
- Spacious Interior: The Tata Harrier offers big space for both passengers and cargo which makes it comfortable for long journeys and practical for daily use.
- Stylish Design: The Harrier stands out on the road and has a luxurious appearance due to its streamlined and modern design.
- Comfortable Ride: The suspension of the car system provides a comfortable and smooth ride even on rough roads.
- Aspect of safety: Tata has included numerous airbags, ABS, and electronic stability control in the Harrier as necessary safety measures.
- Powerful Engine: A strong engine is included with the Harrier, ensuring smooth acceleration and performance.
Drawbacks of Tata Harrier
- Fuel Efficiency: The fuel efficiency of Harrier is not as high as some competitors in its class, leading to higher fuel costs.
- Entertainment System: Some users have found the entertainment system to be a bit slow and outdated in terms of technology.
- Turning Radius: The car has a relatively large turning radius which can make parking in tight spots a bit challenging.
- Limited Service Network: The service of the Tata network is not as extensive as some other car manufacturers, potentially causing inconvenience for servicing in certain areas.
Tata Safari Facelift Interior Updates And Features
Tata Motors are yet to reveal the cabin of the Safari facelift but we expect it to feature the carmaker’s new 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment display. Furthermore, the new Safari facelift could also get a rotary gear selector like the ones seen in Tata-owned Jaguar cars. Earlier spy shots of the Tata Safari also revealed a new 4-spoke steering wheel with an illuminated Tata logo and an all-digital instrument cluster.
Tata Safari Facelift Powertrain Details
The Safari facelift will continue to offer the same FCA-sourced 2.0L turbocharged diesel engine as the current model, it could also debut Tata’s new 1.5L turbo petrol engine. Tata Motors revealed their new 1.5L turbocharged petrol engine at the Auto Expo 2023. It produces 170PS of power and 280Nm of torque and could come with a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Tata Safari
Benefits of Tata Safari
- Spacious Interior: The Tata Safari offers a roomy cabin with ample space for passengers and luggage, ensuring comfort during long journeys.
- Three-Row Seating: With a third row of seats it can accommodate more passengers compared to many other SUVs in its class.
- Powerful Engine: The Safari is equipped with a robust engine that provides good performance and smooth acceleration.
- Strong Build: Tata vehicles are known for their sturdy build quality, and the Safari is no exception, ensuring safety for occupants.
- Stylish Design: It features a contemporary and attractive design that turns heads on the road.
Drawbacks of Tata Safari
- Fuel Efficiency: It is not the most fuel-efficient SUV in its segment, resulting in higher fuel costs.
- Turning Radius: Due to its size, the Safari has a larger turning radius which can make parking and maneuvering in tight spaces more challenging.
- Service Network: Tata's service network may not be as widespread as some other car manufacturers, potentially affecting service availability in certain regions.
Tata Safari Expected Prices And Rivals
Currently, the Tata Safari prices start from Rs. 15.85 lakh and go up to Rs. 25.22 lakh. With the upcoming facelift, the Safari facelift prices could start from Rs. 16.0 lakh and go up to Rs. 26 lakh (ex-showroom). When launched, the Safari facelift will continue to rival other D1-segment SUVs like the MG Hector Plus and Mahindra XUV700 7-seater. Tata is yet to announce the launch date for the Safari facelift, the carmaker will open bookings for the updated D1-segment SUV on October 6.
The Harrier and Safari SUVs will receive facelifts in the near future as Tata Motors prepares to improve the driving experience. With features like a roomy digital instrument cluster, a better infotainment system, and ambient lighting, these SUVs aim to give an improved and modern driving experience. The interior teaser demonstrates a blend of current technology, improved quality, and beautiful design elements. The upcoming launches from Tata Motors, which continues to innovate, promise to redefine its position in the SUV segment.