The renowned British sports car maker Lotus has entered the Indian market, introducing with it a new competitor in the high-performance car sector. Lotus marks its official debut in the Indian market with the introduction of Eletre, an all-electric SUV, joining the ranks of Jaguar Land Rover, Aston Martin, and McLaren.
Lotus Entered India With Eletre e-SUV
The legendary British sports car maker Lotus has made an impression in the dynamic Indian automotive market by confirming its formal distribution partnership with Delhi's Exclusive Motors. Lotus will begin operations in the capital of the country and expand to other important cities such as Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, and so on. Three appealing variations are available in the Lotus Eletre lineup: the Standard Eletre, priced at Rs. 2.55 Cr, the Eletre S, priced at Rs. 2.75 Cr, and the top-tier Eletre R, priced at Rs. 2.99 Cr (all prices ex-showroom). A strong 112 kWh battery that supports quick charging is shared by all versions, and the Standard and Eletre S models come with a standard 22 kW AC charger.
With a dual motor arrangement, the 600 km/h claimed range, 603 power, and 700 Nm of torque are delivered by the Standard and Eletre S, which can reach 100 km/h in 4.5 seconds. But the Eletre R steals the show with its powerful dual-motor established, which produces an incredible 905 horsepower and 985 Nm of torque. The Eletre R, which has a 2-speed gearbox, can accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.95 seconds, with a maximum speed of 258 km/h. Excitement builds for the reveal of this British marque's thrilling performance on Indian roads as the Lotus drama plays out in India.
- With a special collaboration with Delhi-based Exclusive Motors, Lotus makes an impression in the Indian auto industry.
- The first dealership will be situated in Delhi, and there are plans to expand quickly into important cities like Bengaluru, Mumbai, and Chennai.
- There are three attractive offerings in the Lotus Eletre lineup: the base Eletre (Rs. 2.55 Cr), the upgraded Eletre R (Rs. 2.99 Cr), and the Eletre S (Rs. 2.75 Cr). All prices are ex-showroom.
- The sturdy 112 kWh battery in each model allows for quick charging and is supplied with a standard 22 kW AC charger that works with both the Standard and Eletre S variants.
- With a dual motor configuration, the Standard and Eletre S amaze with 603 horsepower, 700 Nm of torque, and an impressive 600 km of claimed range. Accelerating up from 0 to 100 km/h.
Design and aesthetics
Lotus Eletre: An Combination of Asian Design Edge with British Elegance
- New design language developed from the sports cars Lotus Emira and Evija.
- Asian auto design has been influenced by a fusion of stunning elegance and elegance.
- Long wheelbase, short overhangs, and cab-forward position provide a unique look.
- The fascia has an active front grill and a small bonnet.
- Sporting a split headlight design and LED DRLs fashioned like a boomerang.
- The profile has flush door handles, a floating roof look, and standard 22-inch wheels.
- Asian automotive aesthetics are reflected in the window line design.
- Features a three-stage deployable split roof spoiler and a full-width LED light bar on the sides.
- For a unified physical appearance, the dashboard design reflects the split roof spoiler.
- For a sustainable touch, use recycled materials combined with wool instead of leather.
- Foldable when not in use, 15.1-inch touchscreen infotainment screen with Lotus Hyper OS.
- Interior with innovative technology and rearview cameras in place of mirrors.
- Instrument cluster with triple ribbon screen.
- A camera that monitors drivers for increased safety.
- 5G compatibility allows for smooth communication.
- Integration of smartphone apps for ease of use.
- Temperature control with four zones for individual comfort.
- High-end 15-speaker KEF music system using Dolby Atmos technology.
- Door soft closure gives a touch of luxury.
- LIDAR-equipped Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
- Updates delivered over-the-air (OTA) for new features and ongoing improvements.
Lotus Eletre offers a balanced combination of sustainable materials, state-of-the-art technology, and a design that is influenced by British sports cars heritage and contemporary Asian aesthetics.