Samsung has announced the Galaxy Z Fold5, the successor to the popular Galaxy Z Fold4. The new phone features a brighter display, improved cameras, and a more sustainable design.
The 7.6-inch main display is now 30% brighter, and the 6.2-inch cover display also has a 120Hz adaptive refresh rate. The phone is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy processor, which is a significant upgrade over the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 in the Z Fold4.
The cameras have also been improved. The main camera now has a 50MP sensor, and the ultrawide camera has a 12MP sensor, along with a 10MP telephoto sensor. All cameras also have improved Nightography capabilities, which means you can take better photos in low light. The Galaxy Z Fold5 is also more sustainable than its predecessor. It uses recycled materials in the construction of the phone, and the packaging is made from 100% recycled paper.
Samsung offers the Galaxy Z Fold5 in three colour options: Phantom Black, Icy Blue, and Cream. It is priced at Rs. 1,54,999 for the 256GB version, Rs. 1,64,999 for the 512GB version, and Rs. 1,84,999 for the 1TB version. The phone is available for pre-order now and will go on sale in select countries starting from August 11.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 Price List
- Galaxy Z Fold5 (12GB+256GB): Rs. 1,54,999
- Galaxy Z Fold5 (12GB+512GB): Rs. 1,64,999
- Galaxy Z Fold5 (12GB+1TB): Rs. 1,84,999
Key Features of Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5
- Brighter display
- Improved cameras
- More powerful processor
- More sustainable design
- Available in three colours
- Prices Start at Rs. 1,54,999 for the 256GB version
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 Specifications
- 7.6-inch (2176 x 1812 pixels) QXGA+ 21.6:18 Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 374ppi, 1~120Hz adaptive refresh rate, HDR10+, up to up to 1750 nits peak brightness
- 6.2-inch (2316 x 904 pixels) 23.1:9 HD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Cover Display, 402ppi, 48~120Hz adaptive refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection
- Up to 3.36GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5X RAM, 256GB / 512GB / 1TB (UFS 4.0) storage
- Android 13 with One UI 5.1.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano) and one eSIM
- 50 MP (f/1.8, OIS, Dual Pixel AF) main + 12 MP 123° Ultra-wide (f/2.2, 1.12 µm) + 10MP telephoto (f/2.4 1.0 µm, OIS, PDAF, 3x optical zoom), 30X space zoom
- 10 MP front camera with 1.22 µm, f/2.2 aperture; 4MP Under Display (f/1.8, 2.0µm, FOV: 80°)
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Water-resistant (IPX8)
- Dimensions Folded: 154.9x 67.1 x 13.4mm, Unfolded: 154.9x x 129.9 x 6.1 mm; Weight: 253g
- 5G, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 6E (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4400mAh battery with 25W wired and 15W wireless (WPC and PMA) charging, 4.5W reverse wireless charging