At its Galaxy Unpacked event, Samsung announced its flagship Galaxy S23 and S23+. These have the same flat displays as the previous models, but both have a brightness of up to 1750 nits.
The new Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 powers both Galaxy smartphones. It has a clock speed of 3.36GHz. It is much faster than the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 clock speed of 3.2GHz utilised in other smartphones. There are no Exynos versions available, and the vapour chamber cooling is now available on both versions.
The phones have an Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner on the display and run Android 13 with OneUI 5.1. The phone has triple rear cameras, but no cut-outs this time. These smartphones have an Armor Aluminum frame and are the first to have the new Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2 on the front and rear.
Coming to the camera specs, the S23 and S23+ are equipped with a 50-megapixel Dual Pixel primary sensor with OIS, a 12-megapixel Ultra Wide Lens with a field of view of 120 degrees, and a 10-megapixel Telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom. These devices also have a new 12-megapixel Dual Pixel front-facing camera with an AI object-aware engine. These cameras can also shoot 8K video. Both devices are driven by innovative VDIS technology. It reduces vibrations and ensures smooth, crisp footage even when moving.
Both Galaxy phones are dust and water-resistant to IP68 standards. The Galaxy S23 features a 3900mAh battery with 25W fast charging capability. Whereas the Galaxy S23+ has a 4700mAh battery with 45W fast charging support. Both phones support 15W wireless charging as well as reverse wireless charging. Here is the detailed price list for the Samsung Galaxy S23 and Galaxy S23 in India:
- Galaxy S23 8GB +128GB: Rs. 74,999
- Galaxy S23 8GB +256GB: Rs. 79,999
- Galaxy S23+ 8GB + 256GB: Rs. 94,999
- Galaxy S23+ 8GB +512GB: Rs. 1,04,999
Samsung Galaxy S23 and Galaxy S23+ Specifications
- 6.1-inch (S23) / 6.6-inch (S23+) (2340 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display
- 48-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate in Game Mode
- Up to 1750 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection
- 3.36 Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 for Galaxy 4nm Mobile Platform
- Adreno 740 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5X RAM
- 128GB (UFS 3.1) / 256GB (UFS 4.0) / 512GB (UFS 4.0) storage
- Android 13 with One UI 5.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, OIS
- 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, OIS, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 12MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dust and Water resistant (IP68)
- S23 Dimensions: 146.3 x 70.9 x 7.6mm; Weight: 168g
- S23+ Dimensions: 157.8×76.2×7.6mm; Weight: 195g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, UWB (S23+ only), GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC
- 3900mAh (S23) / 4700mAh (S23+) battery with support for 25W (S23) / 45W (S23+) fast charging, Qi wireless charging, Wireless PowerShare