2020 Yamaha R3 Monster Energy MotoGP Edition is definitely the most iconic colour scheme that the lightweight racer could have got. The colour scheme is similar to the one seen on the new YZF-R125 and the YZF-R15 V3. The rear end of the sportbike features a sharp tail that adds another sporty angle to the profile. The side fairing is dominated by Monster moniker in the green shade while black and blue shade can be seen dominating the entire fairing of the R3. The fuel tank is carrying dual tone livery while Yamaha’s iconic combination costs $5599 (INR 3.88 lakh approx) to the riders.
[caption id="attachment_508828" align="aligncenter" width="1622"]
Yamaha R3 Monster Energy Front 3-Quarter View[/caption]
The motorcycle is the third most powerful example among the R-series lineup, with only the litre-class R1 and the middleweight R6 being the powerful options. 2020 Yamaha R3 is yet to arrive in India and most probably, it will use the same colour options for the Indian market. The Yamaha R3 Monster Energy MotoGP Edition will share its theme with the India-spec R15 as the brand is phase-wise celebrating the model in the US and South Asian market. The rear suspension on the YZF-R3 is finished in Yellow while the front USD forks are finished in Golden shade.
[caption id="attachment_508829" align="aligncenter" width="1401"]
Yamaha R3 Monster Energy Rear 3-Quarter View[/caption]
R3 is powered by a 321cc, twin cylinder engine, producing 42 HP of maximum power and 29.6 Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox. The new variant weighs 170 kg and claims 190 kph of speedometer indicated top speed. The updated model of the R3 is expected to launch in India by the end of this year.
Yamaha R3 Monster Energy Photos
Key Facts About New Yamaha R3
- Aggressive new YZF-R1 style front fairing & screen
- Radical new YZR-M1 MotoGP-inspired looks
- Lightweight A2-licence rider SuperSport bike
- High revving 321cc engine for thrilling power
- New YZF-R1 inspired dual LED headlights
- Slim and light chassis with agile, sporty handling
- Lower fuel tank and revised handlebar position
- New 37mm KYB inverted front forks (USD)
- Lightweight wheels and SuperSport tyres
- Powerful braking system with 2-channel ABS
- New digital LCD multi-function instruments
- Balanced 50/50 weight distribution
[caption id="attachment_506292" align="aligncenter" width="850"]
Yamaha R15 V3 Monster Energy MotoGP Edition Officially Revealed[/caption]