Mahindra's foray into the electric vehicle (EV) domain gains momentum as the XUV700 Electric, tagged as XUV.e8, undergoes testing on Indian roads. With a production version in the making, recent sightings of the test mule in Chennai unveil key design elements, offering a sneak peek into the electric SUV's anticipated appearance.
Front Fascia Design
The front fascia of the XUV700 Electric showcases distinctive design elements, echoing the prototype demonstrated in the UK. Key features include:
- A wide LED light bar positioned centrally, flanked by captivating C-shaped LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) extending vertically.
- Vertically arranged LED headlights adorned with unique signature LED elements.
- Triple ice-cube LED fog lights beneath the headlights, potentially featuring cornering functionality.
- A redesigned front bumper housing a radar module in the center, with two horizontal air intakes on either side.
Rear Design and Tail Lights
While the rear design mirrors the ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) XUV700, it's expected that the production-spec XUV700 Electric will sport different tail lights, aligning with its electrified identity.
Interior Features and Layout
Inside, the XUV700 Electric is set to deliver a modern and tech-laden experience with notable features:
- A triple-display setup dominating the dashboard, catering to the instrument cluster, infotainment, and front passenger information.
- Familiar center console with a conventional gear selector and a circular dial for drive modes.
- A new steering design contributing to the overall updated interior.
The XUV700 Electric stands on Mahindra's INGLO platform, emphasizing its global aspirations. Key technical specifications include:
- Length of 4,740 mm and a wheelbase of 2,762 mm.
- Battery options ranging from 60 kWh to 80 kWh, utilizing BYD's prismatic Blade cells.
- Single motor Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD) and All-Wheel Drive (AWD) dual motor configurations.
- The primary rear motor delivers substantial power, potentially reaching up to 350 bhp in AWD models.
- Demonstrated top speed of 200 km/h, particularly relevant for Coupe models like XUV.e9 and BE.09.
As Mahindra positions itself for a prominent role in the electric SUV market, the XUV700 Electric emerges as a significant player, offering a blend of captivating design, advanced features, and potent performance. The upcoming electric lineup is poised to contribute to Mahindra's commitment to a sustainable and electrifying automotive future. Stay tuned for further updates as the XUV700 Electric progresses towards its official unveiling.