Published: Thursday, 05 December 2019 0:00 AM | By Maxabout News Team | 1004 Views
Abu Dhabi Police has once again proven to be one of the best police fleets in the world with the addition of not one but eight Ducati Panigale V4 R motorcycles to its fleet. One of the most powerful motorcycles across the world, the V4 R has been added to the mind-boggling fleet of Abu Dhabi Police, which already includes premium supercars like Lykan HyperSport, Audi R8, and the Lamborghini Huracan.
The motorcycles have been adorned with white and blue shade while features Abu Dhabi Police branding near the winglets. Powering the Ducati Panigale V4 R is a powerful 998cc 4-cylinder engine that is capable to generate a maximum power of 221HP though the use of Akrapovic exhaust can further offer an increased power of 234HP.
Since the motorcycle has a dry weight of just 172kg, Ducati has equipped the motorcycle with an aero kit to keep it steady on the tarmac. The fairing of the motorcycle has been equipped with air extractors that help in getting the engine heat out whenever the bike is running at a higher speed.
Coming to the electronic package, the Ducati Panigale V4 R has been equipped with slide control, cornering ABS, wheelie control, traction control, adjustable braking control as well as a quick shifter. The suspension duties on the motorcycle are handled by race-grade Öhlins suspension with mechanical adjustment at the front while the rear has been equipped with an aluminium swingarm.
The motorcycle features twin 330mm semi-floating discs at the front with radially mounted Brembo Monobloc Stylema 4-piston callipers and a 245mm disc brake with 2-piston calliper at the rear mated to dual-channel ABS as standard.
The Ducati Panigale V4 R was launched in India back in November 2018 at a price tag of INR 51,87,000 (ex-showroom India). The road-legal WSBK category racing bike was only limited to a total of 5 units in India.
Ducati Panigale V4 R Tech Specs
- Engine: 998cc, Desmosedici Stradale 90° V4, rearward-rotating crankshaft, 4 Desmodromically actuated valves per cylinder, liquid-cooled
- Maximum Power: 162 kW (221 hp) @ 15,250 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 112 Nm (83 lb-ft) @ 11,500 rpm
- Fuel Injection: Electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full ride-by-wire elliptical throttle bodies with aerodynamic valves, variable-length intake system
- Exhaust System: 4-2-1-2 system, with 2 catalytic converters and 2 lambda probes
- Gearbox: 6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down EVO
- Front Brake: 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc Stylema (M4.30) 4-piston callipers with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Rear Brake: 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper with Bosch Cornering ABS EVO
- Dry Weight: 172 kg (379 lb)
- Wet Weight: 193 kg (425 lb)
- Seat Height: 830 mm (32.7 in)
- Front Suspension: Fully adjustable 43 mm Öhlins NPX pressurized fork with TiN treatment
- Rear Suspension: Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Aluminium single-sided swingarm, adjustable pivot position
- Front Tyre: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tyre: Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP 200/60 ZR17
[caption id="attachment_534857" align="aligncenter" width="850"]
Bajaj Dominar 400 Modified Into Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R[/caption]