2021 Tata Safari SUV Connected Car Features Leaked:
As we reported earlier, Tata Motor is all set to launch the new model of Safari in India on January 26, on the occasion of Republic Day. The brand recently also rolled out the first production unit of the SUV from its Pune manufacturing plant.
The 2021 model of Safari is basically the production version of the 7-seater Harrier, which was earlier codenamed as Gravitas. Ahead of the official launch, the connected car features of the 2021 Tata Safari have surfaced online. Here is the complete list of features:
2021 Tata Safari SUV Connected Car Features
- Alerts about critical car parameters
- Custom messages on cluster
- Find My Car
- Idle alert
- Most Efficient Users of the week/month (on the driver-score basis)
- Nearest Tata Motors service station / Roadside Assistance
- Over-The-Air software updates
- Panic notification
- Remote horn
- Remote immobilisation (in case of car theft)
- Remote lights on and off
- Remote lock and unlock
- Share location and get tracked live
- SOS SMS to an emergency contact in case of an accident
- Speed alerts
- Time fencing alert
- Tribes for socialising with other Tata car owners
- Unauthorised car access alert
- Valet Mode
- View Car Health Dashboard
- View trip details and provide drive pattern analytics with driver score
- What 3 Words
The connected car features of 2021 Tata Safari are divided into 5 categories namely – Alerts and Notifications, Health Check, Over The Air updates, Safety and Security, and Remote Commands.
As per the details available, Tata Motor will offer the iRA, ConnectNext and What 3 Words in the new Safari with a validity period of one year and they can be downloaded for free from the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
Some of the other key features include a dual-tone white-black interior theme, front parking sensors, electronic parking brake, JBL audio system, 8.8″ infotainment touch screen system, six airbags, and a panoramic sunroof. The next-gen Tata Safari is expected to be priced a lakh over the price of Harrier, which is currently available with a starting ex-showroom price tag of INR 13.84 lakhs.
Mechanically, the 2021 Tata Safari will come equipped with the same 2.0-litre diesel engine churning out 170PS of maximum power and 350 Nm of peak torque. The transmission options will include a 6-speed manual gearbox and 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
2021 Tata Safari SUV Photos
[caption id="attachment_592416" align="aligncenter" width="850"]
2021 Force Gurkha SUV Spotted Again in a New Set of Photos[/caption]