Prepare to be entranced as the 10th edition of the Mercedes-Benz Classic Car Rally (MBCCR) unfolds in Mumbai on December 2 and 3. This landmark event promises to be a spectacle for Mercedes enthusiasts, featuring a showcase of at least 72 captivating Mercedes classics, each with its own unique story and historical significance.
Curated by Perseus Bandrawalla, this edition of the MBCCR goes beyond expectations, bringing together an array of Mercedes classics that span eras, owners, and historical moments. From vehicles once owned by royalty and world leaders to those meticulously restored from scratch, the event will display the grandeur of Mercedes-Benz in India.
In an unprecedented move, this year's rally will spotlight 75 Mercedes cars, boasting a remarkable 72 different classic models. The parade of Mercedes classics will be a nostalgic journey for attendees, immersing them in the rich legacy of the iconic brand.
Star Attractions: A Glimpse into Timeless Luxury
The event promises a star-studded lineup of Mercedes classics, including:
- 1969 600 Grosser: A majestic vehicle that was ahead of its time, known for its ownership by tyrants, movie stars, and rock stars. It played a pivotal role in establishing Mercedes-Benz as a premier carmaker in the 1960s.
- 1957 300SL Roadster: An iconic model with a racing pedigree, having won numerous races and owned by the Maharaja of Gondal. Its technological innovations, including fuel injection, set new standards in the automotive world.
- 1956 300Sc (Adenauer): Associated with Konrad Adenauer, the first chancellor of Germany, this model, one of just over 50 produced, brings a touch of history to the rally.
- 1934 500K: A pre-war classic owned by the Mumbai Samachar newspaper’s Hormusji Cama, adding a historical dimension to the event.
- Class of 1993: A nostalgic display featuring every Mercedes-Benz car on sale in India 30 years ago, offering millennials a trip down memory lane.
- Special Mention: The Maharani Gayatri Devi’s 190SL, the 230SL Pagoda owned by Pratapsinh Gaekwad and his father, and Harshvardhan of Dungarpur’s R107 500SL.
- Debutant: The mighty G Wagon, owned by Flywheel’s Hani Mustafa, making its first appearance at the MBCCR 2023.
A Feast for Enthusiasts: Shape-Shifters and Dream Machines
The exhibit promises an extensive collection, covering all body styles of various Mercedes-Benz models, including Adenauer W186, W188, and W189; 170V (roadster, cabriolet, and limousine); W126 (SWB, LWD sedans and coupe, and a rare limo); W124 (sedan, limousine, estate, coupe, and cabriolet); W123 (sedan, limousine, estate, and coupe); and all classic generations of the C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, and SL-Class.
From shape-shifters to dream machines, the MBCCR 2023 is not just a static display but an opportunity to witness these classic Mercedes vehicles in motion, adding a sensory experience to the visual delight.
As the Mercedes-Benz Classic Car Rally celebrates a decade of elegance, it invites enthusiasts to savor the sights, sounds, and smells of the most extraordinary collection of classic Mercs ever assembled in India. This milestone event is a testament to the enduring legacy and timeless appeal of the Mercedes-Benz brand. Don't miss the chance to be part of automotive history!