Tata Pixel Concept
- This week: 128 views
- All time: 4,13,350 views
Expected PriceRs. 2,50,000
* Delhi. May vary.
Expected in 2015
Vehicles with similar features
|Car Body Type:||Hatchback|
|Value for money:|
|Engine:||1.2L turbo charged diesel|
|Maximum Power:||65 Bhp @ 5250 rpm|
|Maximum Torque:||48 Nm @ 3000 rpm|
Brakes & Suspension
|Brakes:||Front Disk, Rear Drum|
|Suspension:||McPherson Struts, Ind Coil Springs|
|Turning Circle:||2.60 mtrs.|
|Body Color Bumpers:|
ACTIVE AND PASSIVE SAFETY
COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
without Climate Control
|Remote Fuel Filler:|
|Steering Adjustment |
|Driver Seat Adjustment:||Manual|
|Door Mirror:||Both Side Manual|
|Rear AC Vent:|
|Folding Rear Seats:|
Tata Pixel Concept Review
New City Car Concept for EuropeWednesday, May 15, 2013
Overview of Tata Pixel Concept
Tata Motors India unleashed a new city car concept at the 81st Geneva Motor Show, it has been christened as 'Pixel'. It is expected that all-new small car based on this concept vehicle will be on sale in 2014. Tata Pixel was also on display at the Auto Expo 2012 in New Delhi. The concept features gull-wing doors but it is expected that the production vehicle will have simple hinged doors like we have seen most of the hatchbacks available in India. As per the press release by Tata Motors, Pixel is the most spacious four-seater in the World. It is just over three metres in length. Tata Pixel features Zero Turn toroidal traction-drive Infinitely Variable Transmission, which assists rotation of the outer rear wheel forwards and the inner rear wheel backwards, while the front wheels turn at acute angles. Key functions of Tata Pixel are controlled by the driver's smart phone, running ‘My Tata Connect’, the first integrated human-machine interface concept from Tata Motors. Like Tata Nano, Pixel also features a rear-mounted engine which will be a 1.2 litre three cylinder turbo-charged diesel. The engine is a low-friction design, featuring variable coolant and oil pump and rapid warm-up technologies. With optimized aerodynamic drag, low rolling-resistance tyres, stop-start technology, and intelligent battery charging, the Tata Pixel returns European combined cycle (NEDC) fuel economy of 3.4 l/100km and CO2 emissions of just 89g/km.
Fast Facts About Tata Pixel
- Unleashed at the 81st Geneva Motor Show
- Was also on display at the Auto Expo 2012
- Will be on sale in 2014
- Is the most spacious four-seater in the World, it is just over three metres in length.
- Features Zero Turn toroidal traction-drive Infinitely Variable Transmission
- Key functions of Tata Pixel are controlled by the driver's smart phone, running ‘My Tata Connect’
- Features a rear-mounted engine which will be a 1.2 litre three cylinder turbo-charged diesel.
- Features variable coolant and oil pump and rapid warm-up technologies.
- Optimized aerodynamic drag, low rolling-resistance tyres
- Stop-start technology, and intelligent battery charging
- Returns European combined cycle (NEDC) fuel economy of 3.4 l/100km and CO2 emissions of just 89g/km
- Innovative 'scissor' door system allows entry and exit in the tightest of spaces
Will Pixel be Launched in India?
Tata Motors India has not made any official statement about the launch of Pixel in India, but it is expected that it will be launched in India in 2014 in a price range of 2.25 lakhs to 2.75 lakhs. The company has also displayed Pixel at the Auto Expo 2012 in New Delhi. It is now to be seen that how Indian customers react to a rear-engined small car because Ratan Tata's Nano project proved to be unsuccessful and the sale of Nano is declined day by day. But with recent launch of Nano 2012, the sale of Nano is improving again and it is now in top ten best selling cars in India.